The combination of silly and serious questions Kittybiome seeks to address include-
- How do grumpy cats compare to happy cats?
- How do athletic cats compare to couch potato cats?
- Does it matter if you feed your cat a paleo-mouse diet?
- How do indoor and outdoor cats compare?
- What happens when your cat goes on antibiotics?
- How does the microbiome change during your cat's nine lives?
I would like to add the question- how do different cat breeds compare in terms of their microbiome?
I would have been happy to support at a level that allowed sequencing of the microbiomes of my cats Lyra and Chihiro, but sadly that was only an option if you live in the US or Europe. Since I live in the scientific third world, I can only support the sequencing of the microbiome of a shelter cat. Still it looks like Kittybiome is a kickstarter success as it is already over-subscribed with 22 days still to go. Go Kittybiome!
(Full disclosure- Kittybiome is co-founded by my friend and colleague Jonathan Eisen)
|Lyra and Chihiro want to know why Australian cats are discriminated against by Kittybiome|